- Are you struggling with post-partum depression or feeling overwhelmed with a new baby?
- Are you worn down from daily power struggles with your toddler, young child, tween or adolescent?
- Do you hear yourself sounding like your mother or father even though you swore you’d be different?
For most people, parenting is the hardest job they will ever have, demanding a wide range of skills, knowledge and emotional capacities, which can leave you feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. Knowing when and where to turn for parenting help can bring you relief and greater fulfillment, while enhancing your child’s wellbeing, too.
How I help parents through coaching
In my work with parents, I draw upon psychoanalytic theories of infancy and human development as well as recent research in neurobiology to educate you on what your child is going through. My goal is to create a collaborative, safe and supportive environment for us to explore the feelings that your child’s ongoing needs or problem behaviors may spark in you. As you come to understand your child’s developmental capacities and manage your own conflicts and frustrations with greater facility, you will learn to listen better, read cues and help your child regulate his or her feelings. Moreover, as you communicate more clearly and empathically, you can help your child relate positively to others, gain confidence and thrive.
In our parenting sessions, you will acquire skills to:
- Cope with post-partum depression, manage the stresses of new parenting and bond with your baby
- Set clear and realistic expectations and limits based on your own values and your child’s developmental capabilities and temperament
- Replace knee-jerk responses that aren’t working with new strategies and techniques that help you manage difficult behaviors effectively
- Become more compassionate with yourself and your child so you can communicate in calm, constructive and positive ways